Always be careful when selling gold especially in NJ. Always research the local laws before selling to any gold dealer or Jewelry Store. This article will teach you a lot about selling gold and what to be weary of http://nj1015.com/12-nj-cash-for-gold-shops-busted-in-undercover-sting/
Always Follow these 5 steps.
1. Make sure their scales are regulated by the weights and measures
2. Make sure they test and weigh everything in front of you
3. Make sure they are licensed by the town they are located in
4. Make sure their prices are posted visibly
5. Most important make sure they explain to you how they came to the valuation of your Gold, Silver, and Platinum
For more information call us at 201-677-2274